Comments

Shame .... bring it back when poss , the atmospheres not been the same since and losses us advantage . Put away supporters up in corner as we get at many grounds now ! Steve , Spain
ondeander
18th Jan 2013 9:37
eadie71
18th Jan 2013 9:38
"Those were the days, getting squashed by the police horses before getting on the Kop. It was the greatest atmosphere in the world, you were part of one huge flowing noisy organism. We even had our own rescue system, passing people who fainted overhead from the top to the touchline. Sadly today the atmosphere has gone bar from a tiny pocket at the top of the Kop"
Rushjob._
18th Jan 2013 9:55
"Remember my first time in the early 80's v Panathanaikos in the European cup with my late her. Think we won 4-0. It was and still is one of my most treasured memories. The energy, the passion and the emotion that night on the kop generated with live with me for ever."
tommyt2
18th Jan 2013 10:34
"Bring the Kop back!! Look at Germany, they've brought safe standing back and it works. Can you imagine the atmosphere the day they bring it back? It would be unbelievable. Maybe we could bring the spirit of the club back with the Kop."
t28
18th Jan 2013 10:54
"never forget st ettienne game"
Euroanfield
18th Jan 2013 11:07
"IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A STANDING KOP END ONCE AGAIN. THE ATMOSPHERE AT ANFIELD IN THOSE DAYS WOULD PUT FEAR ON VISITING TEAMS. WHAT I THINK SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED FOR NEXT SEASON IS A CHANGE IN THE ALLOCATION GIVEN TO AWAY FANS.THEY SHOULD BE PUT UP IN THE CORNER OF THE CENTENARY STAND WHERE THEY WOULD NOT BE SEEN AND HARDLY HEARD. "
bolthebol
18th Jan 2013 12:10
"those days may of been great, but that was then and this is now and standing should NEVER come back to Anfield."
18th Jan 2013 12:49
"what a incredible atmosphere there has to have been at the time when chanting Kop stood on together on the terraces! what a old unforgettable atmosphere!"
RealLonewar
18th Jan 2013 13:04
"I was there, I still dont miss getting peed on lol.. but the atmosphere was electrix even if you could hardly get to see the game!"
KOPeter
18th Jan 2013 13:17
"What a VIDEO!!!! in tears.... YNWA"
degsy62
18th Jan 2013 13:58
"Standing on the Kop was unique. You missed half the match surging up & down the steps. Mars bars would be thrown from the seller behind the goal after you had thrown your money. You would be on the Kop 2 hours b4 the game, then 5 minutes b4 k.o a giant would walk in & stand in front of you. It was great at that time but after H'boro we can't go back. 96 friends died, that's why."
hoping
18th Jan 2013 16:38
"just watching that made the hairs stand up , marvelous"
krtech
18th Jan 2013 16:39
"IF Bill was still here anfield would have remain anfield. other has destroyed the heritage. players bought don't know about the fans, the club and the passion about this team. They are here to grab money from lfc with a cold heart. if brendan can bring it back!!! hope he read my comments"
krtech
18th Jan 2013 16:43
"if other has the same mentality as Bill. we would be on top of england and european because he would have bring players who have at heart the team. he destroy opponents. downing and sterling would have been jailed by Bill the way they play against man u. Bill wanted the fans to be happy. hope thw two read my comments"
Liv-4-Ever
18th Jan 2013 20:04
"I was there and I remember crying because the famous old stand was being ripped down (I was 13). I remember Gerry Marsden singing YNWA that day too. I do miss it, being lifted up onto the white barriers by total strangers just so I could actually see something."
kingmikelfc
18th Jan 2013 21:05
"thats my brother mark ireland in the middle of the second picture arms out with green shirt i was their aswell mike #greatdayofthekop"
iceo
18th Jan 2013 21:15
"hahahaha love it im on the site in the KOP and the last ever game have it JFT96 YNWA"
Red Willie
19th Jan 2013 8:40
"Hopefully BR will continue to build this season and with the right acquisitions we will give people something to get off their seat for! Its next season though I think but lets start raising the bar from today. "
kemlyn76
19th Jan 2013 13:19
"I was there that day! amazing intense. and quiet frankly very very loud, about 18, 000 of us on the Kop then,, and the current kop could get a little bit near that sort of atmousfear if every body sang, and got into it a bit more, current kopites need to slow down a bit with songs to.. do miss the old kop though and very proud I was on it many times."
Quagi
30th Apr 2013 19:51
"Still miss it. Never been the same. St Etienne, Everton 3-2 from 2-0 down. Toshack, Keegan, Heighway, Emlyn, too many to mention all the greats who played in front of the KOP. Great days."
Chasanfield